Monday 22 February 2016

Battle of Jutland

The National Museum of the Royal Navy will be holding an exhibition about the Battle of Jutland opening in May 2016.  I am sure they will make use of material from the journals of Andrew Downes.  See http://www.historicdockyard.co.uk/site-attractions/attractions/36-hours-jutland-1916
.
I have now heard as follows from Nick Hewitt who is in charge of the exhibition: " The Downes journal for Jutland will remain on display in  our permanent galleries, as one of the central tenets of this exhibition was that we set out to ensure that we did not strip out the permanent galleries either here or at IWM. Despite this we have still secured well over 300 artefacts! However, we will definitely be linking it across to the new gallery, and if you would like to organise a family visit I’d be happy to show you around again.

So I will not organise a family visit unless asked to do so - though I will definitely visit the Jutland exhibition myself.  Anyone like to join me?

.

No comments:

Post a Comment