Friday 19 February 2016

Downes Pedigrees


DOWNES PEDIGREES.

Readers might like to be reminded that my niece Shane James has two copies of the book Downes Pedigrees by Col Leonard Downes.  Both copies, one of which belonged to Theodosia Downes, contain many manuscript annotations and insertions. Another copy is in the library of the Society of Genealogists, donated by M Goodbody, whoever he might be.

Shane also holds a DOWNES FAMILY INFORMATION FILE assembled by her mother Audrey Bryant in February 2010 from her Downes papers and mine.

At the time I created a descriptive Contents List. I will be glad to send a copy to anyone who asks for one.

2 comments:

  1. Arthur, I would be very grateful for the Contents List

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Arthur, I too would love a copy of the contents list. Best wishes, Madeleine (a Downes!)

    ReplyDelete