Saturday 26 June 2021

DOWNES PICTURES FROM LALAGE CAMBELL

 Lalage Cambell writes:

I have a mystery and I am wondering whether anyone is able to shed any light.

I have two small pictures (below) that I inherited from my mother, and I was wondering whether anyone in the Downes family might know anything about either of them.  The one on the right appears to have a halo but the one on the left looks like a portrait and I wondered whether anyone can identify the sitter.  I think they are in their original frames which were made for my grandmother, Dorothy Downes, when the family lived in Chepstow Road, Croydon, before moving to Lee-on-the-Solent.  Unfortunately, the frames themselves and the backings are quite damaged.  

Please respond to Lalage if you know her ID.  Otherwise please write to me at carden@one-name.org.



No comments:

Post a Comment